Job Number: 2172032
Controller needed for one of the most respected Cannabis companies in California. This company owns some of the top brands in the industry. You will report to the CEO and be responsible for a small team, and all the operational accounting, financial reporting, and budgets. They are currently on QuickBooks, and need a Controller to put policies and procedures in place to handle the company's growth. If you're interested in a fast-paced evolving company with 10+ entities, we should talk.
- The controller position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets
- Direct supervision of all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Responsibilities include supervision of the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; provides information to external auditors
- Preparation of the annual corporate budgets and responsible preparation of quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation.
- Oversee Budget forecasting and cash flow management
- Ensure government compliance in all tasks
- Creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Manage a team of up to 10 people responsible for:
- Sales Recording
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Payroll Records
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Must have a college degree in Finance / Accounting
- Retail Accounting experience a plus
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
About Higher Growth Search:
If you are looking for a cannabis job, Higher Growth Search can help you find the right opportunity to grow your career at no cost to you. Our cannabis recruiters grew up in cannabis culture and know the business from the ground up. And because we're a highly trusted, in-the-know business partner to cannabis companies of all sizes, we know which organizations are hiring and which will be the right fit for you.
HGS is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.