Job Number: 2174497
Job Title: Controller
Location: Oakland (Bay Area)
Seeking a hands-on Controller that can manage a small team, and all the operational, accounting, financial reporting, and budgets. As well as put policies and procedures in place to handle the company's growth and future accounting system implementations.
- Responsible for all accounting and financial reporting (AP/AR, billing, cash management, inventory accounting, cost accounting, month end, audit, and special project reporting.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with GAAP and risk management.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Help in development of reports for the Executive team and Divisional Management
- Proven experience working in a startup environment and ability to scale a growing company
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and QuickBooks as well as other Accounting Systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-company platform and consolidations is a plus
- 5+ years leading an accounting function
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is required
- CPA is preferred
About Higher Growth Search:
If you are looking for a cannabis job, Higher Growth Search can help you find the right opportunity to grow your career at no cost to you. Our cannabis recruiters grew up in cannabis culture and know the business from the ground up. And because we're a highly trusted, in-the-know business partner to cannabis companies of all sizes, we know which organizations are hiring and which will be the right fit for you.
HGS is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.