The Cultivation Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the cannabis crop cultivation at the facility. The successful candidate will possess a passion for horticulture, excellent interpersonal skills, and a willingness to continually learn more about the subject.
Duties and Responsibilities:
:* Oversee and is responsible for the overall plant health and vitality, organization of production quality usable cannabis flower.
* Provide input to outdoor facility designs utilizing various systems
* Assist in vendor selection and management.
* Develop production plans for mothers, propagation, young plants, and flowering plants
* Responsible for daily operations while adhering to the guidelines set forth by the reservation
* Effectively manage employees as it relates to daily tasks, their performance, and their development.
* Train employees in all stages of the plant life cycle, including but not limited to general plant care, propagation, and transplanting.
* Responsible for inventory and ordering of all nutrients, mediums, and other equipment needed for the propagation of cannabis flowers.
* Ensure all logbooks are up to date and accurate.
* Identify and prepare preventative maintenance required to eliminate mold, mildew, plant disease, damage, and pests.
* Work with the management team to ensure a seamless operation.
* Manage the crop growth environment by keeping all growth facility systems in good working order and keeping on hand the necessary horticultural supplies to optimize the health and productivity of the crop.
* Follow company policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education, Licensing, Work Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent experience required
* Associate's degree in horticulture, agriculture, biology, chemistry, botany or related field preferred but not required
* Minimum 2 years of experience in cultivation, horticulture, or related field
* Minimum 2 years of experience in a project management or supervisory role preferred
Other Required Skills:
* Knowledge of computer and office equipment and programs (inventory systems; Word; Excel)
* Extensive math required for inventory, projections, measurements, calculations
* Principles and practices related to the outdoor cultivation of marijuana strains and their effects.
* Effective and efficient communication skills are a must
* Excellent time-management skills; ability to effectively plan and prioritize
* Skills in managing physical resources (budgeting, inventories, equipment, materials)
* Attention to detail
* Mechanical skill
* Ability to work effectively as team leader and guide
* Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
* Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
* Close visual focus required
* This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
If you are looking for a cannabis job, Higher Growth Search can help you find the right opportunity to grow your career at no cost to you. Our cannabis recruiters grew up in cannabis culture and know the business from the ground up. And because we're a highly trusted, in-the-know business partner to cannabis companies of all sizes, we know which organizations are hiring and which will be the right fit for you.
HGS is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.