Human Resources Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department, including the administration of policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Manager will carry out responsibilities supporting the following functional areas: HRIS, recruiting and onboarding, employee relations, training and development, and benefits.
· Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
· Manages the continued development and maintenance of the company's HRIS and other employee-related systems. Prepares and analyzes reports as necessary.
· Plays a key role in ensuring that all HR related systems and software are being used to the company's advantage.
· Assists with the company's performance management program, including communications on upcoming assessment periods, tracking assessment progress, and coaching both employees and managers through the process.
· Supports the establishment of an employee training program, maintains employee training records.
· Takes ownership of the recruitment process for both exempt and nonexempt employees. Manages job postings, conducts phone screens, schedules interviews, and develops procedures to ensure the best candidate experience possible.
· Partners with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs, and employment law
· Provides day-to-day benefits administration support. Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits trainings as necessary.
· Administers disability, workers compensation claims and FMLA/CFRA leave.
· Responsibility of work-related injuries and w/c claims.
· Address all employee relations issues.
· Demonstrated knowledge of CA employment laws and best practices, including FLSA, FMLA/CFRA, etc.
· Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
· Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
· Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
· A customer service attitude and willingness to stop what you're doing and address employees' needs
· Bilingual (Spanish) is strongly preferred!
· Knowledge of/ experience working with Unions/Bargaining Units highly desirable.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent
· 3-5 years' of progressive experience in HR is required
If you are looking for a cannabis job, Higher Growth Search can help you find the right opportunity to grow your career at no cost to you. Our cannabis recruiters grew up in cannabis culture and know the business from the ground up. And because we're a highly trusted, in-the-know business partner to cannabis companies of all sizes, we know which organizations are hiring and which will be the right fit for you.
HGS is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.