Job Number: 2165756
Our client a rapidly-growing vertically integrated Colorado based cannabis company with plans to expand to several other states in the next two years is currently seeking a National Compliance Director to manage and maintain compliance priorities for all state assets, which include operational and regulatory deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have a familiarity with the cannabis sector or has experience within a heavily regulated environment. Ideally the candidate will be inspired by a fast-paced culture and have a high-level of comfort in ownership of state compliance.
- Responsible for all applicable state, county and local laws, ordinances and regulations, including the specific cannabis regulations for that state.
- Reviews and interprets state regulations.
- Serves as subject matter expert on current and prospective state cannabis regulations and provides compliance advice to internal team.
- Completes the application process for entering new markets by drafting and editing license applications.
- Prepares and submits documentation required for regulatory inspections and coordinates the inspection process for internal departments and state regulators
- Investigates and resolves compliance concerns, issues, or violations
- Keeps informed of emerging cannabis regulatory issues, trends, and other developments
- Travels periodically among the company's multi-state cultivation, manufacturing and dispensary operations.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire. Proof of vaccination plus booster required.
- 10+ years' experience as a regulatory compliance leader in highly regulated industries such as Alcohol, Gaming, or Pharmaceutical or 3-4 years' experience of directly interfacing with cannabis regulatory entities.
- Juris Doctor and bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Familiarity with DOH Medical Marijuana rules and other applicable regulatory agencies (OSHA, HIPAA)
- Understanding of (MJ Freeway, BioTrack, METRC).
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills and diplomacy to sensitive information
- Knowledge of governmental agencies and regulatory organization
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to travel 50%-80%
- Compensation- $150k-$225k plus benefits
About Higher Growth Search:
If you are looking for a cannabis job, Higher Growth Search can help you find the right opportunity to grow your career at no cost to you. Our cannabis recruiters grew up in cannabis culture and know the business from the ground up. And because we're a highly trusted, in-the-know business partner to cannabis companies of all sizes, we know which organizations are hiring and which will be the right fit for you.
HGS is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.