Job Number: 2164936
Our client is currently seeking a Retail General Manager to open and manage their newly high-end boutique style Dispensary located in the San Francisco, Bay Area.
As a General Manager, you will be a motivator and mentor with experience leading a staff as you will be inspiring a team of great people committed to creating a welcoming environment and making the store the #1 dispensary. The Retail General Manager must have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership and motivational skills with high customer service expectations, and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Manage and supervise all staff activities, training, and performance.
- Responsible for compliance with all state and local regulations regarding the handling and sale of cannabis items.
- Manage and implement all company policies and procedures to ensure team members follow best practices.
- Hold team members at all levels accountable to company polices and SOP's.
- Maintain proper staffing levels and scheduling to budgeted levels.
- Maintain proper and accurate records for both financials and state/Local compliance.
- Develop strong relationships with cultivators and vendors to ensure proper supply of products are available.
- Ensure that store displays are merchandised properly to company guidelines.
- Manage/oversee the proper ordering and Inventory levels of all products.
- Coordinate with marketing department on weekly promotions and holiday specials.
- Provide education and ongoing training to the team to create the most knowledgeable team possible.
- Promote and maintain a positive, collaborative, and inclusive culture in the location.
- Ensure that all cash handling procedures and best practices are maintained.
- Promote the benefits of cannabis to those around you with your passion.
- Review the performance of team members on regular basis and provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and development.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent people skills and an approachable personality
- Strong Cannabis knowledge (preferred)
- Must be detail orientated
- Ability to effectively delegate and hold team members accountable when necessary
- Ability to motivate and inspire those around you
- 4-5+ years as a GM or similar leadership role in a Cannabis Retail, Hospitality environment or boutique/ high-end retail environment
- Must be 21 years old
- Must pass all required background checks
About Higher Growth Search:
If you are looking for a cannabis job, Higher Growth Search can help you find the right opportunity to grow your career at no cost to you. Our cannabis recruiters grew up in cannabis culture and know the business from the ground up. And because we're a highly trusted, in-the-know business partner to cannabis companies of all sizes, we know which organizations are hiring and which will be the right fit for you.
HGS is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.