Job Number: 2169014
Job Title: VP of Sales
Location: Remote in California
Compensation:130k - 150k
VP of Sales needed for one of the fastest growing Cannabis companies in California
As the VP of Sales, you will be responsible for all the sales strategies, training, and hiring of a team. We are looking for a Vice President of Sales to bring a cutting-edge vision to this unique company. The VP will be responsible for leading, organizing and directing all aspects of sales operations and functions. That includes increasing market share, customer retention, business development, pricing strategies and category performance. We are looking for someone to bring 3+ years of cannabis industry sales experience (10 years of experience total) with experience leading teams & achieving goals.
- Plan and execute growth strategies and programs.
- Provide oversight of sales in current markets with potential for continual expansion; develop a comprehensive sales strategy and retention plans to meet the needs of the business in each market.
- Lead the coordination between wholesale and retail purchasing teams, to ensure market insights are communicated across departments and both functions utilize their intel to inform the strategy of the other
- Develop, implement, and train managers on sales plans for new product categories and new markets.
- Oversee the development of reports and metrics that provide necessary reports for critical analyses of the sales function. Evaluate reports on an ongoing basis for insights and integration into strategy
- Oversee sales initiatives and operations, planning, and results measurement; Manages the budget and other financial measures of the sales department.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or comparable discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in wholesales, business or a related field required, cannabis industry experience preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years working in a Sales leadership capacity.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and lead a high performance and efficient team and foster a positive culture and work environment.
- Display good judgment in the face of changing priorities with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks; Strong decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to develop and implement operational best practices.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, prior experience developing and managing a budget required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationship with internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and ability to comfortably engage with other executives and peers.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to obtain & maintain required state licenses based on work location.
- Ability to travel to all markets on a regular basis is required
About Higher Growth Search:
If you are looking for a cannabis job, Higher Growth Search can help you find the right opportunity to grow your career at no cost to you. Our cannabis recruiters grew up in cannabis culture and know the business from the ground up. And because we're a highly trusted, in-the-know business partner to cannabis companies of all sizes, we know which organizations are hiring and which will be the right fit for you.
HGS is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.